There's nothing quite like a morning campfire and the smell of breakfast cooking in the great outdoors. If you're looking to elevate your camping breakfast game, we've got just the recipe for you: Flame-Fired French Toast. This rustic twist on a classic breakfast favorite takes the simple pleasure of French toast and infuses it with the campfire charm. So, grab your cast iron skillet and gather around the fire because we're about to turn your campsite into a gourmet breakfast haven!
- 1 Loaf of thick cut French Bread (we love Cobbs cinnamon loaf)
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- Whipped Cream
- Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 1 Pint of Blueberries
- Fire up your Coulee (we used the Coulee Colorado)
- Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon together in a shallow dish
- Grease cast iron skillet with cooking spray or butter
- Coat both sides of the bread in the egg mixture
- Once cast iron skillet is hot, place french toast pieces onto the pan
- Grill for 3-4 minutes, flipping halfway until both sides are golden
- Remove toast from skillet, top with whipped cream, syrup and blueberries and enjoy!