Lazy Apple Crisp
If there is one thing we know about fall, it’s that pumpkin is king. But lest we forget the delicious combination of apples and cinnamon? We think apples deserve a place in the spotlight too, so here is our take on homemade apple crisp ~ it still provides the sweet aroma of fall, but with half the ingredients and half the work. How ‘bout them apples?
- 2-3 apples, sliced ¼” thin
- 1 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsps bourbon or butter ripple schnapps
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granola
- Preheat Cast Iron Skillet
- Sauté sliced apples in a bit of oil or butter and lemon juice until they begin to soften
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon and a shot of bourbon or schnapps and stir to combine. Cook until the liquid thickens and the apples are tender.
- Mix together over heat to burn off alcohol and reduce the liquid
- Remove from the fire and sprinkle with your favourite granola. Top with whipped cream or ice cream!