A summer favourite fired up over the open flame! This one is an easy side dish for surf & turf like we've done here or any summer main. We've partnered with our favourite Canadian olive oil company to showcase the power of olive oil and grilling!
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus
- 1 TBSP olive oil (we like Zoe EVOO)
- 1 lemon (1/2 sliced for dressing and 1/2 for lemon juice)
- 5 tsp of butter
- Zoe garlic olive oil (or one garlic clove, minced)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Rinse and trim asparagus by snapping ends off.
- Place on cast iron skillet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Dress with sliced lemons, butter dollops and Zoe Garlic Infused olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on Grill. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until asparagus are nicely charred and cooked through tossing throughout.
- Remove from grill and top with lemon juice from remaining half of lemon.
- Serve with your choice of mains.