A simple but unique recipe that has summertime written all over it….spicy grilled watermelon! Yes, you heard us right. Grilled watermelon. We’re taking this classic summertime fruit up a notch and adding a little bit of spice, and trust us, this one is worth a try! With a cooking time under five minutes, this recipe is the perfect way to dip your toes into the world of fire pit cooking.
So without further ado, we give you spicy grilled watermelon.
Spicy Grilled Watermelon
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 medium limes)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Tajín seasoning, divided
- 1 mini (about 6 lb.) seedless watermelon, cut into 1-in.-thick wedges
- ¼ cup crumbled Cotija cheese (sub. feta, parmesan or your favourite cheese)
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Start fire and allow Grill & Post to heat up
- Whisk together honey, lime juice, salt, and 1 teaspoon of the Tajín in a small bowl. Brush watermelon wedges evenly on both sides with mixture.
- Place watermelon on oiled grates; grill, uncovered, until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill; let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange watermelon wedges on a serving platter; sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon Tajín. Sprinkle with Cotija and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.