If you’re looking for an easy recipe that feels elevated, this one is a real winner. I mean, who doesn’t like tacos? And tacos with tequila and lime? We LOVE those. Use your choice of toppings and these tacos are 11/10.
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 2 tbsp tequila, or Mezcal
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and brown sugar.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Sauté garlic for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Immediately after flipping the shrimp, add the lime juice, tequila, and jalapeño to the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and top with lime zest and cilantro.